Sunday, June 21, 2009

Gorgeous Woman Asks for MY Number Today..

Ha! That's right! There's a first time for everything I guess..

Today, I went to our "farmer's market" to buy some vegetables to make chorba- a delectable, Eurasian tomato-based soup. I had almost procured everything on my list when I happened upon this breathtaking, knock-out, slap-me-in-the-face perfect 10 and she's selling peppers.
I mean, this woman was absolutely stunning.
Our eyes meet, we exchange smiles and I grab a couple of her peppers. I hold them up and ask, "Cât Costă"(how much)? After making my purchase I proceeded to make my exit, kicking myself for not knowing more of the Romanian Language... I really wanted to talk to this lady. She stops me and proceeds to ramble on unintelligibly. She asks me if I know the language, I say no.
Her English is terrible.
She motions to this guy to come over- apparently to translate. He approaches and asks, României? Française? Español? Having known some Spanish, I chose the latter. So we start communicating in Español for the next several minutes! He translates everything this lady asks. I tell them about myself, why I'm here, my interests, etc. He translates everything into Romanian for her and she seems quite interested. She asks for my number and I give it to her with little hesitation. I leave the market with the biggest smile on my face.

But now I sit here wondering- how in the hell are we going to talk on the phone?

4 comments:

Alaska said...

it's ciorba not chorba :)

William Charles Goodin said...

whatever it is, it's damn good!

Alaska said...

neah, you're just sayin' that because you're not used to it...

what about your home-cooked Eurasian tomato-based soup?

William Charles Goodin said...

amazing!

Post a Comment