Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Ocean Breathes Salty..

Yar!


We found ourselves returning from our Great Barrier Reef Excursion just a few short days ago,

Filled with new fantastic memories, I'll share some stories..


..and this is how they go..


T'was quite the warm eve on March twenty-five,

When we began to assemble a seasoned and salty crew,
We had planned on a SCUBA dive

or two (ten, actually)..




Our vessel, at first sight, was quite a bit of a fright- as I know it would've scared even you..









Having been a long while since me last dive, I prayed and prayed to stay alive..


While under the crashing waves of the big, deep blue..












Once aboard, our Captain assures us that his nautical skills are anything but new, and- in any dire situation, he'd know exactly what to do..





Yar, and so our journey began through the rough and salty seas,

makin' me quite weak in me knees- had me missin' that sweet and solid ground..

But after only one dive, I felt so alive to see what a bounty I had found..

The most remarkable creatures I've ever seen: some nice, some mean- were among us,

swimming all around..




We saw Sharks, both ancient..










and new..













Not to mention, plenty of Turtles too..







We witnessed giant Sting Rays and a pair of Skates,

all, while encountering several venomous Sea Snakes..








Most memorable would be the World Famous wreck of the Yongala which, in 1911, tragically found the sea floor,


Bound for Townsville that faithful day, not knowing what was in store-
that the weather
was oh so poor..








During our trip, our only complaint was the cook who, despite being very nice, would undercook the rice and make it quite the chore to chew (Amy, if you're reading this, I am very sorry but we both know it to be true)..





Such a teriffic experience for our fantastic group of four

who knows just what else this unbelievable trip will have in store....

No comments:

Post a Comment