Friday, April 25, 2008

Thailand is My Land 2

Have a look at our video via Derek's helmet-cam. I am the one in the pink "STAFF" shirt/red helmet and our buddy Chris is the one with the blue shirt/blue helmet..

Keep a look out for how hectic the traffic is, all the temples and all of the KFC delivery guys..

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have officially fallen in love with Thailand.. well, SE Asia in general..

Bangkok was fun but Chiang Mai was where its at. We spent our days exploring the area via motorbike. Being my first time riding, it was one hell of a place to learn.

Here are some quick highlights:

-Taking our motorbikes out of the bustling city and into the mountains to find a quaint and quiet little coffee farm to have one sensational cup of the brew

-Spending an entire day learning how to prepare traditional Thai cuisine.. you should have seen/tasted some of our masterpieces.. might I recommend my yellow curry?

-Massages from hardened criminals at the Women's Prison.. lots of pent up anger and aggression = one hell of a massage.. see below

-Attending a Muai Thai Boxing match and watching the blood fly.. we even saw two tenacious girls duke it out. The highlight was watching four fully drunken, fully blindfolded guys trying to put the hurt on one another in the ring

-Late nights filled with lots of laughter and lots of locals

Currently writing this from Siem Reap, Cambodia.. Angkor Wat was absolutely breathtaking and I wish my pictures could begin to do it the justic it deserves.. We seem to ALWAYS be on the move and we will find ourselves in Bangkok tomorrow morning..

More to come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing buddy, I have enjoyed watching you tour the world.

Post a Comment