Thursday, February 21, 2008

24 Hours in Lovely Lima..








News!!

Regarding my previous post of the ¨Lima Lunch Fiasco¨: This Just In.. Breaking News.. Derek and I DID NOT, I repeat, DID NOT get sick from our ¨lovely¨ lunch at the restaurant entitled, ¨Rico Menu¨!! However, I am almost positive that I now have new and exciting protozoan friends scurrying around my intestines- but I feel completely healthy regardless.

Anyways, the rest of Tuesday, Feb. 19th went well! We ended up meeting Sarah and Lisa- two lovely ladies travelling from Berlin. The four of us ate some dinner and saw the movie ¨Desperacion en una Noche¨ aka ¨Gone Baby Gone¨ at the local cine.. good flick I might add. Afterwards, we all got some drinks on the balcony of a swanky restaurant which overlooked the city and ocean.. absolutely gorgeous! We sat there for hours just laughing hysterically..

We all awoke the following morning to take an organized city tour of Lima. The tour itself was a bit on the cheesy side but- fun and informative nonetheless. We visited Incan ruins and museums, the main square, a beautiful monestary and underlying catacombs complete with the remains of over 25,000 dead people.. awesome.

Afterwards, we all decided to get a bit crazy and go to some clubs. We all drank ONE, I repeat, ONE Pisco Sour at the first place we went to and I swear that the bartender had spiked it with some GHB, or equivalent, ´cause we were ALL 3 sheets to the wind afterwards.. We danced for a bit, got some food and listened to some of the live and local, Bob Dylan-esque talent.. such a beautiful evening! Well, it was beautiful until we had to leave the bar at 3:15 am in order to catch our 5:00 am flight to Cusco, Peru.. awful.

So now, we´re in Cusco! Cusco is a marvelous mountain city where llamas roam the cobblestone streets and Machu Picchu is only a stone´s throw away! Now, correct me if I am wrong, but I have been told that Cusco is the oldest continually inhabited city in the Americas..


Tomorrow, we plan on doing some hiking to various sites of archaeological interest. Also earmarked, are plans of taking a bus to Puno, Peru. From there we would travel to Lake Titicaca (largest, most gorgeous high altitude lake in the Americas) and stay a night or two on the Bolivian side of the lake; a place known as Copacabana where you stay on some exotic island in the middle of the lake..

As for right now, we accidentally chose the ¨party hostel¨again and there just so happens to be toga party- either tonight or tomorrow..

Maybe Derek and I will be able to attend while revisiting those tender memories of a certain, infamous, toga party he took me to when I was only in the eighth grade..

No comments:

Post a Comment