Sunday, February 24, 2008

Cuzco, The City Where We Booze-mo'

Have you ever eaten chicken soup?

Why, of course you have.

I really used to adore this meal.



Until last night that is.

Derek and I decided that we needed yet another adventure last night at 8pm. So we popped into a local restaurant just down the street from our hostel. It was a small, hole in the wall type place (which only serves one dish a night, apparently) but we were starving so we deemed it acceptable. We sit down and a young woman greets us with two piping hot bowls of soup. Immediately, we dig in. Everything is going great until I bring a heaping spoonful of chicken foot (pictured above) to my mouth..




We definately have iron stomachs, but the soup was a bit much. Following the soup was a bird entree. Now, I'd like to believe it was chicken too but who knows. We haven't seen too many pigeons in this city which could be a bad thing- if you know what I mean. With my leftover "chicken", I fed a few of the stray animals that were wandering around this restaurant.. So I guess I did my good deed for the day.

I washed dinner down with a delicious Inca Kola, we got the check and got the hell outta there.

How much was the food?

5 Peruvian Soles or, approximately, 90 U.S. cents per person... what a steal!

We returned to our hostel, threw on our togas and went straight to the bar to try and settle our stomachs with the sauce.



Boy, did it do the trick.



(Pictured below: Derek and I doing the International sign for "birdfoot")

Derek and I hadn't been to a toga party together in over 10 years.. we had such a blast! We met several interesting people from all over the world.. including a hot little Canadian number who had a seamstress custom fit her toga. What
an amazing night!

We have a week until our Machu Picchu expedition so we are just counting down the days.. We met a few girls last night who work in a local orphanage so we might try to be productive and do the same...

No comments:

Post a Comment